At North Liverpool Academy we promote and value our comprehensive enrichment programme.
There is a variety of exciting and interesting activities on offer during extended sessions. Some will also offer the chance to gain further qualifications.
Enrichment activities add value to the curriculum by extending breadth and depth of understanding within subject areas. Our enrichment activities allow our young people to pursue new interests such as astronomy, boxing, chess, languages and the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
All enrichment activities stretch, challenge and help develop the skills and talents of our young people by preparing them to be successful and productive citizens.
But most of all we want our students and staff to enjoy the activities and have fun.
Activities include: Sport and Fitness Activities, Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, Community Service, Business and Enterprise activities. Students will be encouraged to suggest other activities and to take responsibility for organising them with staff support.
Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Edinburgh award is currently offered in two year groups at the Academy. Students in Year 9 complete the Bronze award and those students in Year 12 then complete the silver award.
- Students need to take part in a physical activity, a skill activity and volunteering. Our students are completing a range of different activities, but as an example:
- Physical- PE enrichment, football, boxing, basketball, swimming, gym, running, circuit training
- Skill – all students are following the leadership program throughout the year where they will gain a level 1 award in sports leadership. This is also their evidence for DofE skill.
- Volunteering – most students will start volunteering after Christmas and will be conducting voluntary activities within the local community.
- The expedition will take place in July. Students will take part in a 2 day, 1 night practice expedition followed by the same again for the qualifying expedition.
- The silver award has just started at the Academy.
- Students will follow the same process as the bronze, but with increased time scales.
- Students will volunteer for 12 months
- Students will develop the skill section for 6 months
- The physical element will go on for 3 months.
- The students are planning their activities at the moment.
- The silver expedition takes place over 3 days and 2 nights, comprising of both a practice expedition and the qualifying expedition.