Enrichment and Community Action:
All students in Year 12 are expected to volunteer within North Liverpool Academy and our community, and commit to contributing on average an hour per week of your time.
In addition, all Year 12 students fulfil the role of Prefect during lunchtime for one day each week. Lunch is provided for Prefects on their duty day.
During the course of the academic year you will follow an enrichment programme designed to equip you with the skills and experience needed to evidence suitability for the world of work.
Enrichment activities take place each Wednesday afternoon, and are a compulsory part of the North Liverpool Academy 6th Form curriculum. resit Maths and English courses also are run during this time for Year 12s who attained grade 3 at GCSE.
Below is just some of the many enrichment opportunities on offer:
- First Aid
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Introduction to Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- IELTs for students for whom English is an additional language
- CSI Introduction to Investment Programme (students must have grade 6 or higher in both English AND Maths)
- NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership
- Digital Entrepreneurship Network (Run by staff from The Studio)
- Stock Market Challenge
- Study for a free online and accredited course of your choice using Unifrog
- Conversational Spanish
Y12s are issued with a booklet giving comprehensive detail of each of these courses. They are encouraged to keep a record of all enrichment activities undertaken to ensure that they receive due recognition for their efforts.
For further information please either see Mr Molden in the LRC, or call 0151 260 4044.