At NLA we believe in a comprehensive system which encompasses students across the ability range and from a variety of different social backgrounds, cultures and home languages. It is our aim to improve the life chances of our students and create adults who have high aspirations, can be competitive in the world of work and want to be an active part of the local community.
Our core values encapsulate the following
Aspire – We want all students to be their very best, set themselves high aspirations both within school and when thinking about their futures. Our curriculum aims to provide them with challenge and ambition where they develop the tools that they need to succeed in the future.
Community – North Liverpool Academy is a community school in every sense of the word. Our house system means that students have a sense of community and belonging within school and our work with community partners means that students have the opportunity to give back to the local community
Experience – Our curriculum is not just about what the students learn in lessons it is about the experiences that they get through our wide variety of enrichment activities. These activities provide the students with skills such as problem solving and empathy which means that they truly become global citizens
Achieve – We want the very best for each of our students and our curriculum is designed to ensure that they leave us with the best outcomes to make them competitive in the next stages of their education or within employment
At North Liverpool Academy our curriculum is much more than academic content. It is designed to provide our students with skills, knowledge and experiences which will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
What underpins our curriculum?
- A curriculum which supports our school values of Aspire, Community, Experience and Achieve
- A curriculum which develops the whole person-knowledge, skills understanding and attitudes
- A curriculum which is broad and balanced and which shows clear progression
- A curriculum which is filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences
- A curriculum which has a local, national and international dimension
- A curriculum which is flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests
- A curriculum which prepares students for the future
- A curriculum which makes links between areas of knowledge and the major issues of our time.