What underpins our curriculum?
- A curriculum which supports our school values of Aspire, Community, and Experience
- A curriculum which develops the whole person-knowledge, skills understanding and attitudes
- A curriculum which is broad and balanced and which shows clear progression
- A curriculum which is filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences
- A curriculum which has a local, national and international dimension
- A curriculum which is flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests
- A curriculum which prepares students for the future
- A curriculum which makes links between areas of knowledge and the major issues of our time.
At North Liverpool Academy our curriculum is much more than academic content. It is designed to provide our students with skills, knowledge and experiences which will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Our NLA Gems provide focus indifferent key areas of life and employability skills:
Gems Skills are taught across the curriculum in all subject areas.
Please see our SEND Policy and Equalities Policy for further information on how we comply with duties in the Equality Act 2010 and the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014 about making our curriculum accessible for those with disabilities or SEND.