Travel and building access
If you’re arriving at NLA by car, you can find us at 120 Heyworth Street, L5 0SQ, and there are plenty of suitable drop off areas outside of the school building.
If you’re arriving by public transport, the number 17 bus route stops outside the front entrance.
We require all students at the North Liverpool Academy to wear the correct school uniform. Because we are a non-religious organisation welcoming students from all backgrounds, it’s important that all our students follow our strict dress code, as detailed below:
Spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) awareness is woven throughout all our lessons here at North Liverpool Academy. We know that by allowing our students to explore and develop their own value and belief system, that they will be better equipped to learn and achieve during their time with us.
Students are encouraged to enjoy reading across all curriculum subjects and this should form part of their weekly home learning where appropriate. To ensure that our young people gain a full understanding of everything that they are being asked to read, it is vital that we do all we can to improve their literacy skills. The links below, and documents featured, have been designed to assist students in addressing any skills
Food and Nutrition
Healthy and nutritional food is integral to all our recipes, meals and snacks at North Liverpool Academy – and we’re proud to be recipients of the Healthy Schools Award. We received this award because of our commitment to identifying and improving the health and wellbeing outcomes for our school community.
North Liverpool Academy provides Pupil Premium funding as a way of bridging the attainment gap throughout our student community. First introduced in 2011, Pupil Premium funding is available to the following students:
- Students who are eligible for free school meals.
- Students who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the past six years.
- Students who have been continuously looked after for the past six months.
- Students who have family serving in the armed forces.
- Students who are adopted from care under the 2002 Adoption Act, or who left care under a Special Guardianship Order on or after 30 December 2005. We also provide Pupil Premium for those students who left care under a Residence Order on or after 14 October 1991.