NLA is a Good School
NLA had its most recent Ofsted visit in April 2022. We were delighted to be rated a ‘good’ school across the board, with a number of extremely positive qualities noted by inspectors.
Here’s a taste of our Ofsted report – you can read it in full here…
What does the school do well?
- Trustees and governors have high ambitions for the school. They maintain a relentless focus on improving the life chances of all pupils.
- All pupils follow the same ambitious curriculum. Pupils, including students in the sixth form, study a wide range of courses.
- Pupils show positive attitudes towards their learning. Typically, pupils learn well in a calm environment with few interruptions. They conduct themselves positively around the school, including at break and lunchtime.
- Trustees and leaders have a clear focus on pupils’ readiness for life beyond the academic curriculum. There is a carefully considered programme in place to ensure that all pupils can develop their personal skills.
- Pupils, and students in the sixth form, benefit from a well-designed careers programme. This helps to raise pupils’ ambitions and improves their employability.