Starting at Secondary School
Mrs Johnston’s top 10 tips for Year 7
1. Prepararion is key. Always pack your bag the night before. 🎒 Make sure you have all the equipment you need for the next day and your PE kit on the day that you have PE.
2. Always go to bed at a reasonable time. A routine is really important and will allow you to wake up feeling refreshed and ready for a new day. 💪
3. Buy an alarm clock. ⏰ You need to be up early as school starts at 8.30am.
4. Make sure you have breakfast at home or in school. A good breakfast is the perfect way to get your brain in motion for the rest of the day! 🥣
5. Practice tying your tie. 👔 You will need to put it back on after PE. Remember- we should see at least 5 stripes.
6. Always use your planner. 📖 Write down your homework clearly and try to complete it on the night that it is set.
7. Set realistic goals for your first term as these will help you stay motivated. 🎯
8. Be proud of all of your personal achievements and share these with your friends and teachers. 😉 Be proud to be you!
9. Try not to be nervous. Secondary school is a daunting time for everyone. Many students will feel like you. Smile and be approachable. You could even join some afterschool clubs to meet some friends with similar interests. ⚽️🏀🎾
10. Be brave and try to step out of your comfort zone. You won’t be expected to know everything but teachers love when you try your best and have a go. 😀